skip to Main Content

Eligibility requirements to receive CTHF

In-clinic services

A current and valid California Horse Racing Board license in one of the following categories is required:

  • Hot Walker
  • Groom
  • Exercise Rider
  • Pony Rider
  • Night Watchman
  • Assistant Trainer
  • Trainer

The above categories also include legal dependents (spouse, children 18 and under) or full-time students through 23 years of age, and residing in the United States.

Note:  On November 1, 2018, we expanded our dental services for the convenience of others who work at our race tracks, and directly or indirectly serve and or/benefit the backstretch workers.  No worker will be displaced due to these additional services.  The additional money generated in the form of fees will accrue to the benefit of the backstretch workers.

Outside Referrals

Outside referrals are based upon financial need as it relates to the United States Department of Health and Human Services Policy Guidelines, adjusted annually.  Financial documentation is required prior to outside referrals being granted.  Patients who have been unemployed for over three months, due to a work related injury, or who are receiving disability insurance, may be eligible to receive a reduced level of benefits.

Contact Aracely Cedeno with eligibility questions – (626) 446-0169.

Back To Top